Today I am writing the biography of Shikhar Dhawan.
Today I would like to tell you about Shikhar Dhawan’s family, education, the beginning of cricket, debut matches, awards and achievements, etc. is writing.
|Full Name||Shikhar Dhawan|
|Birth||5 December 1985 New Delhi, India|
|Profession||International Indian Cricketer|
|Jersey Number||42 (also wore 25)|
|Wife Name||Ayesha Mukherjee (divorce)|
|Son Name||Zoravar Dhawan|
Shikhar Dhawan’s Family
|Father||Mahendra Pal Dhawan|
|Wife||Ayesha Mukherjee (divorce)|
Shikhar Dhawan completed his schooling at St. Mark’s Senior Secondary Public School in Meera Bagh, Delhi. His education qualification is 12th standard.
Shikhar Dhawan’s childhood idols are Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, Matthew Hayden and Andy Flower.
Beginning of Cricket
Since the age of 12, he trained at Sonnet Club under the guidance of coach Tarak Sinha, who has trained 12 international cricketers. When he was joined the club, he was more of a wicket- keeper than a batsman.
|Match||Delhi Daredevils vs Rajasthan Royals||India vs West Indies||India vs Australia||India vs Australia|
|Date||April 19, 2008||June 4, 2011||October 20, 2010||March 14- 18, 2013|
|Place||Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi||Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad||Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, India||Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, India|
Awards and Achievements
- 2004- Player of the Tournament in the Under-19 World Cup.
- ICC World ODI XI : 2013
- Only player to achieve 2 consecutive golden bats at ICC Champions Trophy.
- Most number of ODI centuries in 2013.
- 2013- Man of the Series in the ICC Champions Trophy.
- Wisden Cricketer of the year 2014.
- Most runs in ICC Champions Trophy 2013 and 2017.
- Highest run scorer of Asia Cup 2018.
- During IPL 2020 Dhawan became the first player in history of the league to score 2 consecutive centuries.
- 2021-Arjuna Award, by the Government of India in recognition of his outstanding achievement in sports.